The winter landscape is beautiful in its virgin glory. We pile on jackets, mufflers, scarves, hats, boots, sweaters, coats, and more to protect ourselves from the winter cold. But what about our houses? How do we take care of them during the cold season?
- Maintain ideal humidity levels between 35-45%.
- Check for air leaks and ice accumulation.
- Keep the chimney clean and ensure that the fireplace is ready to use.
- Ensure water is flowing in all pipes so that it does not freeze and burst at an inopportune time.
- Remember to clean the furnace filters regularly to make sure that clean and healthy air flows inside the house.